Today in Labor History
Feb. 21, 1868: A state law was enacted in California providing the 8-hour day for most workers, but it was not effectively enforced.
~ Union Communications Services
• Health, safety rules targeted as Trump slashes red tape.
• Maryland sues EPA over air quality standards.
• Volunteer to help hurricane victims - fill out this form.
• Donate to the Las Vegas Victims’ Fund here.
• Teamsters organize truckers to move supplies in Puerto Rico.
• More news on Teamster disaster relief efforts here.
• Proof of just how pervasive fake news is.
• Teamsters decry House panel’s passage of bill rolling back worker protections.
• It takes skill ...